Saturday, May 14, 2011

We went to the beach today...it is getting close to the day we are going to leave for home so I have to get all the beach time I can.  It was a little cloudy but still a great day.  JM went with us.  We laid in the sun and waded in the water looking for shells.




 I found a few....the surf was kind of rough...it was a yellow flag.  This is all of the shells I have found at Penesacola Beach this summer.  The dark thing at the bottom is two barnacles. 

When we got back to Pensacola we went to a Mexican Restaurant called Catus Flower






It was very good and just what we needed after a day at the beach.  JM and I had the Tostada meal and Mike had the Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas...and they were both very good.  We will probably go back there again.  Sandy, a blogger friend of mine who lives in the area, gave me a list of good restaurants and this was one of them.  She also suggested...Aegean Breeze in Gulf Breeze for lunch or dinner,  The Fish House in downtown Pensacola,  and Global Grill in downtown Pensacola.  Out at the beach is SideLines, Peg Leg Pete's and the new fancy restaurant called Grand Mariner.  We might not get to try them all this time but we can when  we come down in the Winter.
For some reason we were all full and tired when we got back to the house....good food and a day at the beach will do that to you, I guess.  So we took naps, read, and played on the computer.  Oh, I had to do the bills too...I hate paying the bills but I have to admit it is much easier online than the old way of writing them out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

I'm so glad you liked the Cactus Flower. It is our favorite for Mexican. It's a chain but not like your usual chain restaurants. There is one in Navarre, Florida, too. I had a brain freeze when I said Grand Mariner. It's Grand Marlin. sorry about that. We really like Joe Patti's. I think I'll be going soon to buy some shrimp and scallops.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home