Friday, May 13, 2011

Fun Day For Me and Lambert's Cafe

We were getting ready to go to the beach and it kind of looked cloudy and like it was going to rain or maybe we would have a thunder storm..  We decided to wait until tomorrow and hope it would be a better day.
I have been needing some special attention, so I decided to go to get my nails painted and face spiffed up.  Then I needed a hair cut.  I have worn the same haircut for over thirty years!  I am now trying to let it grow out a little.  I am going to try to have it long on the sides and short and stacked in the back.  It is not long enough to really have any style yet, but it really needed a trim.  It is all I can do to not get it short again and just forget about it like I usually do.  I got it cut at Dillard's and I really liked the stylist.  Her name was Jeriaca and I think she was a fairly new graduate of beauty school.  She was very careful to do just what I wanted.  She used a hit wet towel to give me a neck and head massage to relieve stress...it felt great.  She explained each product she used on me and really took her time.  She even gave me a coupon for a free shampoo and styling to use before I go back home.  I was so happy with the way my hair turned out I almost forgot to tip her.
On the way out of Dillard's I stopped to look in jewelry to see if they had the purse hooks and they did....a really cute turtle one with rhinestones.



Afterwards we called Bowens and asked for JM.  We thought he might like to go to the Lambert Cafe in Alabama with us.


But he was at Johnny's land and we couldn't get in touch with him...so we will have to get together tomorrow.  RB wanted to go with us and we jumped in the car and went to Walmart first to buy a lamp shade for one of RB's living room lamps.  It has been gone since we were here in February.   I tried to get him to get two..one to go on the matching lamp, but he would have nothing to do with that..."the other shade wasn't broken." By the time we got going to Alabama it was very windy and pouring the rain.  Before too long it started clearing up.  RB couldn't believe how prosperous it looked in Foley.  I think he loved Lambert's Cafe.  It is a fun place.  They throw giant rolls at you and you have to catch it if you want a roll.  The food servings are very large....even giant drinks.  They bring around free food they call pass-a-rounds...fried okra, fried potatoes and onions, black eyed peas, boiled cabbage, macaroni & tomatoes, apple butter and sorghum.  We always order something and take that plate of food home for later and eat only the free pass-a-rounds while we are there.  That way we have a meal for the next day...actually I usually have two meals for the next day or two.  Mike and RB sat in the front seats of the van and I got to lay down in the back on our drive back to Pensacola.....yeah...I was very full and miserable....lying down was good.  RB seemed very interested in the GPS and coming back to Lambert's Cafe.  When we got home, I got on the computer to catch up on my blog.  Yesterday blogger was down and I couldn't post.  Almost immediately I got a skype notice that my friend Monica in Costa Rica was on line so I video called her.  Larry and Monica could see us but we couldn't see them. Mike and I were unsure about how to use skype...this was the first time we had tried to use it and Pensacola was having bad thunderstorms at the time.  Maybe that was the problem.  Or they said they had just had an earthquake (5.8)  about an hour ago.  Larry said a friend of his was in San Jose and was trying to get to Larry and Monica's house in Jaco and didn't think they could make it tonight with the earthquake destructions.   We could still talk though.  Larry did something to the computer and we saw his head for just a second.  Monica said she is going to have the baby next Tuesday at 8:00am.  Hope I can get this skype thing to work so I can see the baby after it is born.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home